Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics
Boston University Metropolitan College
- Boston MA
- Distance & Blended Learning
The objective of this program is to expose students to modern health IT, including health data collection, processing, and storage. This program primarily focuses on electronic medical data generated and stored in health care and public health organizations. Individuals who complete the Health Informatics certificate program will have a solid knowledge of health information technology and systems and electronic health records as well as a solid exposure to the latest medical technologies.
Students who complete the Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the American health care system, medical terminology, basic human anatomy and physiology, disease processes, diagnostic modalities, and treatments associated with common disease processes.
- Advanced knowledge of the functionality, technical infrastructure, and best-practice deployment of health care IT, including medical algorithms, electronic health records, privacy and security, and regulations.
- Proficiency in managing, processing, and analyzing medical data.
- Competence sufficient to lead health IT initiatives, to conduct biomedical research, and to design, implement, and manage advanced solutions.