Guia de cursos en eSalut
Algoritmos en la bioinformática (Parte 1)
UC San Diego
- 10 setmanes
This course is the first in a two-part series covering some of the algorithms underlying bioinformatics. It will cover some of the algorithms underlying the following fundamental topics in bioinformatics: assembling genomes, comparing DNA and protein sequences, finding regulatory motifs, analyzing genome rearrangements, identifying proteins, and many other topics.
The course will be based on six "chapters" covering the following central questions, with the algorithmic ideas that we will use to solve them in parentheses:
- Where Does DNA Replication Begin? (Algorithmic Warm-up)
- How Do We Sequence Antibiotics? (Brute Force Algorithms)
- Which DNA Patterns Act As Cellular Clocks? (Greedy and Randomized Algorithms)
- How Do We Assemble Genomes? (Graph Algorithms)
- How Do We Compare Biological Sequences? (Dynamic Programming Algorithms)
- Are There Fragile Regions in the Human Genome? (Combinatorial Algorithms)
The grading for the course will be based on several weekly programming challenges, as well as a comprehension quiz at the end of each chapter.