TicSalut in European Projects
Activation of risk stratification strategies and results of interventions in fragile health service patients (ASSEHS) is a European project to study present stratification tools and strategies and the challenges in extending their use and application to fragile patients.
To face the challenge of healthy and active ageing, the European health systems have to make their services more proactive, anticipative and integrated.
The health systems need to customise their services, to place the patients at the centre of their own healthcare and to provide services with an adequate use of resources. The populational management of health risks is carried out by chronic patient stratification tools and offering adequate services for their risk. Fragility monitoring is key to optimising the healthcare for fragile populations at risk.
The risk stratification tools can help to identify complex and fragile patients and to keep them under the radar of the health services. The systematic monitoring of groups of population at risk of suffering a disease is part of the high level strategy in public health.
A health system is a complex network of healthcare structures with multiple levels of governance. There is no single model for monitoring and stratifying people at risk of fragility and any configuration generates new alternatives. The analysis of risk stratification techniques in different health systems and the lessons learnt in their implementation in four ASSEHS health services will help to produce useful conclusions and risk stratification solutions that can be transferred to other regions in the future
Start date: 1/1/2014 - End date: 31/8/2016
The ASSEHS consortium is made up of leading organisations in risk stratification. These include health authorities, health centres, national competence groups and private research organisations.
- Asociación Centro de Excelencia Internacional en Investigación sobre Cronicidad (KRONIKGUNE)
- Regional Healthcare Agency of Puglia Fondazione Mario Negri Sud (AReS Puglia)
- Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Montpellier (CHRU Montpellier)
- Servicio Vasco de Salud (OSAKIDETZA)
- Philips Research Europe – Care Management Solutions (Philips Research)
- Instituto de Investigación en Políticas de Bienestar Social – Universitat de Valencia (UVEG)
- Telbios S.p.A (TLB)
- Fundació TicSalut
- Fondazione Mario Negri Sud (FMNS)
- Government of Catalonia (GENCAT)
- Institut Català de la Salut (ICS – Catalan Health Institute)
- Hospital de Palamós